Do you have that child who loves to talk and is quite assertive? Let’s transform that Talker to a Speaker!
Here’s an opportunity to equip your child with life skills to be able to stand up and speak with confidence and poise. Skills learnt will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
Many Parent focus on developing only the academics, and spending tons of monies on other hobbies like playing the piano, singing, dancing, and karate; yet never realise how critical building confidence, developing communication and effective public speaking skills are to a child.
Public speaking skills help fine-tune everyday verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Children who master public speaking early perform better all through life.
Here are just a few reasons you should register your child for this Workshop.
- It is beyond the competition. Even if your child does not win, he/she would have learnt a great deal about Public Speaking and would have grown confidence along the way. He/she would have gained positive exposure in the art of rhetoric. A great experience is what your child exactly needs so he or she can confidently voice out her thoughts with ease.
- Your child will gain great friends with mutual interest in a positive learning environment. Being well-acquainted with talented and bright children will further inspire your child to celebrate his or her own greatness as well.
- This experience will enable your child have lasting real-world skills essential for a person to have effective communication skills especially at work.
- This opportunity will give your child a great start in life.
- Your child would have developed robust vocabulary and grammatical accuracy.
- They will be taught the ability to think on their feet by making them give extempore speeches and performances.
At the end of the workshop, the children will have learnt to:
- Introduce themselves with confidence
- Engage with other children and communicate freely, assertively and respectfully about a concept or an idea.
- Speak Eloquently in the right diction and with the right stress placement and inflection.
- Research, prepare and structure a speech in an internationally acceptable manner.
- Give constructive feedback as ‘feedback’ is an art. So, the participants will also learn to use empathy and show others that they as well, have difficulties with public speaking. I will be there to guide them. So, I will also tell them what I do to overcome my difficulties with public speaking (e.g. “When I have to give a presentation and I’m stressed in front of colleagues, I take a pause and remind myself to breathe properly, mindfully for a few seconds.”). I’ll be working with other professionals to give your child the best experience and exposure.
- Finally, let’s not forget that communication is a two way process. People are more willing to speak freely when they feel listened to. So, at the end of the workshop, the kids would have understood ‘active listening’ and how to engage in conversations with attention and kindness.
The Boot Camp will hold for 1 month. The first 2 weeks will be for intense coaching via Zoom. At the end of week 2, they will send in their first presentations. Workshop will continue. At the end of week 3, they will send in their second Presentations.
Then, on 16th August 2020, the finalists will make live presentations on Zoom in the presence of their parents and guests. Voting will be done live on Zoom by guests and all participants but the Judges reserve the final right to choose the winners according to certain parameters.
There will be two categories according to age grouping; 6-8 and 9-12.
You can register more than one child.
If this is what you want for your child(ren), kindly make a transfer of 10,000 naira to:
Thereafter, click the registration link to register. Make sure you make the payment before registering.
After registering, send a proof of payment to 07051879323 on Whatsapp. For further questions or clarifications, you may also send Whatsapp messages to the number.
I look forward to working with your kids.
Quints Diction and Social Polish Academy
8, Sanyaolu Street, Off Kudirat Abiola Way,
Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.